Monday, October 19, 2009

Let the stitching begin!


My current knitting deadlines are both at super tight gauges, which necessitates frequent breaks. On Saturday I decide to start a new project on one of these breaks. I headed to my mom's to cut my quilt fabric into strips. The quilt will be made up of 3" squares, so I cut 3.5" strips. The strips will be sewn together and then cut again to 3.5". That will save me a heap of work in the end. I'm glad I've got my mom to guide me along a bit. It's like having private lessons I imagine.
I'm approaching the finish line on the Cat and Mouse reversible toy. You can see Mr. Mouse peeking out of my knitting bag here. I'm SO happy with how he turned out. I'm changing my tune on the amount of work these toys require. The patterns are VERY well written and the results are better than I imagined. I can't wait to make some of these for the wee one.

3 comments:

  1. LoVe the fabrics you chose! and Mr. Mouse sure looks sweet all nestled in your bag!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask what your snug gauge is? I'm aiming for 4 spi in Outer. On the increase rounds, I sometimes use a crochet hook (which has gotten bent.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Sylvia, looking good. I love your quilt. What a fun new blog! I'll be sure to link you on my blog soon!
    susan anderson

    ReplyDelete