I made this baby blanket for a baby shower for a mom who has Russian heritage. I wanted to do something special for her first baby due in just a few weeks. The doll figure was imported it into my Viking software to make the embroidery. I changed out the tummy design for each doll and included two for the center square. Simple stitching around the dolls added some quilting within the white squares and I followed a couple stripes in the colored blocks. I found the print at Joann's and thought it fit the theme. Using the print as a guide I used bright pink on the back and framed the squares with a orange cotton that was in my stash. The squares are all 10 inches. I use 10 inch squares a lot because it really makes the math easy. You can get 4 squares out of 1/3 yard of 44" fabric with a bit left to square every thing up. Needing only a small amount of fabric for the contrast square you can choose a designer fabric and not blow the budget. The solid colors I used are standard quilting solids. I would not have used the orange and pink together without the inspiration given in the accent fabric. All in all the shower was a success with the mom receiving a wonderful assortment of things for the new baby.