Monday, October 12, 2009

Friday's Finds


Friday was a full day flitting to and fro. My mom and I started out at the craft store, then off to the LYS, a quick peek at some occasional shops and finally to the quilt shop. I got some sweet 30's prints to use in a quilt for the little one. My mom is letting me raid her stash to fill in the rest. I'm planning to do a simple quilt made up of 3" squares, big enough to fit a toddler bed. I'd like to try out machine quilting for the first time too, but we'll have to see if my less-than-sturdy machine is up to it.
The other treasure is a vintage needle book I stumbled upon at an antique shop. It was too cute to pass up.
Now I'm off to carefully choose some items to spend my Purl gift certificate on (my husband is the best)! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. coolness=your mom letting you raid her stash! LOVE the needle book and can't wait to see the quilt progress Sylvia!
    :D
    p.s. I vote for some new Amy Butler fabrics @ Purl!

    ReplyDelete