Friday, January 28, 2011
I had some Anna Maria flannel from last winter that I never really earmarked for anything in particular. I got the itch to sew something for Eliza one chilly day and pulled it out and dug in. I used Simplicity pattern 2668. I used contrast facings, and lined the entire thing. I added the contrast cuff and even lined the sleeves. This was the easiest, slickest way to do a sleeve and I'm so happy with it. (Sometime I'll just post about that). I ended up doing snap closures with non-functional buttons. I had a little trouble doing buttonholes on the flannel, so if anyone has any tips please share them. The feed dogs didn't like the flannel I think. I'm super happy with this jacket and I hope it still fits when it's warm enough to serve as outerwear (doesn't fit that well under a winter coat).