Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quest for crust

My husband discovered he had a wheat sensitivity a couple years ago and we've made the necessary adjustments. It was hard at first, but once you get in the swing it's not so bad. The thing I miss most, though, is pizza. Most gluten free mixes just aren't the same (and really aren't that good). I did a quick search for a new recipe to try and found this. We took it for a test drive last night and it was out of this world. I think pizza may make it back into the rotation (on a weekly basis)! The crust was actually chewy and not just a crumbly mess.
I just made a couple minor adjustments/substitutions: white rice flour for the brown, corn starch for the tapioca and white vinegar for cider. I also left out the herbs because we did a buffalo chicken pizza. I topped the crust with a little oil and about a 1/4 cup of hot sauce, then chicken, mozzarella, ranch dressing and parsley. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment