Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bread, Glorious Bread


I've had a hankering for a Reuben sandwich lately and decided to do a bit of searching for a gluten free pumpernickel recipe. I stumbled upon a great one that I modified slightly (because I didn't have all the ingredients). I'm super happy with the results. I've already made this bread a couple times and plan to make it again soon. These directions are for a traditional mixer method. This should also work in a bread machine.

Gluten Free Pumpernickel Bread
1 1/2 C Milk
2 1/4 t Active Dry Yeast
3 T Molasses
3 T Sugar

1 C White Rice Flour
1 C GF Baking Mix
1 C Corn Starch
1 T Xantham Gum
1 T Caraway Seeds
1 1/2 t Salt
1 T Cocoa Powder

3 Eggs
3 T Vegetable Oil
3 T Vinegar
1 t Lemon Juice

Heat milk to 110°. Mix in yeast, sugar and molasses and let proof about 10 minutes (it should start to get foamy). Combine dry ingredients. Add remaining wet ingredients to yeast mixture. Combine wet and dry mixtures. Place mixture in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Let rise up to an hour. Bake at 375° for 30-60 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment