Saturday, May 1, 2010

A little hiatus (and some reinvented curtains)




I've been up to a host of crafting projects in the last month, but have been much too busy (or sick) to post. I'll try to get caught up in the ensuing days/weeks. We had a first birthday and a bout of intestinal flu and I'm finally getting the house under control again.
I did a bit of surgery to a set of plain cream curtains from Ikea in an effort to "complete" the wee one's room. The curtains were 56 inches wide, so I cut a straight line (about 3 feet long) at 7 inches from the edge, then another 14 inches over for the remaining 3 cuts. I inserted a triangle of fabric to create a pleat and then added some ribbon and vintage buttons to finish them off. I'm super happy with how they turned out, kind of Land-of-Nod in my opinion. I've been wanting to get better pictures, but between nap time and dead batteries it's just not happening.
So what have you reinvented lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment