Monday, May 17, 2010

The first party








I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of my daughter's first birthday party. This was really fun to put together. We just kept it to family and did relatively simple food. I did cupcakes instead of a big fancy cake (they're chocolate and mini cheesecakes). I made a couple heart garlands with miscellaneous pink fabrics I had in my stash, and some pink grosgrain ribbon. I cut the hearts freehand and stitched them onto the ribbon in random order. I also made some big tissue paper flowers to hang from the ceiling. The birthday sign was a quick little craft project too. I grabbed the artwork from a favorite fabric designer and screened it back, then I added big letters and printed, cut and punched. The banner is also strung with grosgrain ribbon. The rest of the decorations came mostly from the Valentines Day clearance at Target.
On a related note... Where did the year go?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow! I never got to see these pictures and you did an amazing job! I'm getting some pointers from you on what to do for Cole's first since we will HAVE to have it inside....Taylor's has always been so easy since it's in May! Love the blog, love the pictures, love love love everything! Gonna email you now about next week and getting together!

    ReplyDelete