Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Bibs Galore



A good friend recently had her second set of twins!  To celebrate the arrival I used the pattern Sylvia used last year from  Chick Pea Studio and made a boy and girl bib from fat quarters I had in my stash.  The backing is simply a soft and absorbent flannel. The construction is very easy.  Simply place the bib and lining right sides together and stitch around the edge using a 1/4 inch seam allowance leaving about a 2 inch opening for turning.  Be sure to trim the seam allowance and notch around the curves to make turning easier.  The notching will help you keep the curves smooth and keep your finished bib looking great. 


 A little secret in turning your bib is to roll the front very slightly to the back as you press so that when you top stitch none of the lining peeks out.  Press well when you have it all turned and top stitch very close to the edge.  I used snaps for the closure but you could use Velcro if you like. 

 I made up a couple extra while I was in the mood so I have a gift stash started when I want something hand made to add to a gift the next time a baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment