Baby continues to threaten an early appearance. We shall see... In the meantime, I've been doing some sewing (and lots of sitting). I put this set together for a friend who recently had a little girl. The bib is from this pattern. I used quilting cotton for both sides and put a thin layer of batting in the middle. The burp cloth is quilting cotton on one side and toweling on the other. The finished size of the burp cloth is about 8 x 20. I just put the right sides together and left a little opening for turning. I top stitched the edge to keep it together better. The quilting cottons are by Heather Bailey. I'm super happy with how this set turned out! Might need to do a set for our little munchkin.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
My mother-in-law makes a wonderful cake around the holidays that is similar to this (but includes rum extract, which isn't my favorite). I've been dying to try it for a long time and finally gave it a go the other day. Honestly, the cake doesn't even matter that much if you're pouring the sauce on it. Put some coffee on. You're going to love this!