Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No baby, just baby things

Baby continues to threaten an early appearance. We shall see...  In the meantime, I've been doing some sewing (and lots of sitting). I put this set together for a friend who recently had a little girl. The bib is from this pattern. I used quilting cotton for both sides and put a thin layer of batting in the middle. The burp cloth is quilting cotton on one side and toweling on the other. The finished size of the burp cloth is about 8 x 20. I just put the right sides together and left a little opening for turning. I top stitched the edge to keep it together better. The quilting cottons are by Heather Bailey. I'm super happy with how this set turned out! Might need to do a set for our little munchkin. 




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Makes me want to jump up and sew, though I don't have a great quilting cotton stash- will have to remedy that one of these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete